Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The amazing art of micro-crochet

I'll admit it, I have yarn art envy.  I have never been able to crochet; I've attempted it many times and it always turns into a strange snake like thing.  I've never even tried knitting because I have no faith in my abilities.  My mom is a great crocheter and Nikki and Kathy are pretty badass too.  But, if anything could inspire me to pick up the needle and try again it's this:


Yes, that is a crochet turtle on a fingertip.  And it's legs are movable!  WTF!  How is this even possible?

This is from Etsy seller Muffa.  I saw some of her work a while back on another site, but came across it again during a recent Etsy binge.  I am in awe of her work.  I cannot believe that this is done with thread.  And what kind of needle would you use?  I have no idea.  But really, how awesome is this?

2 comments:

  1. It's super duper awesome! And not just awesome in a how'd she do that way, but also in a reptile made of thread way too. I want 50 of these in different reptilian forms so I can hide them in nooks and crannies all over my abode.

    ReplyDelete