Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend crafting- Harry Potter Wands

I found an awesome instructables on making your own Harry Potter inspired wands.  Since Em saw the movies over Christmas break and loved them (to the point that Harry is her boyfriend now and they share lunch everyday), I thought this would be a fun thing for a weekend project.  They actually turned out better than I expected.




 The detail on mine:
 Detail on Em's:
Em practicing her very best 'Wingardium Leviosa':
 


I was worried that it wouldn't hold her attention since there was a good bit of waiting in better paint coats, but she hung in there.  She originally requested 'a million diamonds' on her wand, but I talked her down to just a few.

I am pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.  We might work up some more next weekend for all the cousins and I'll take pics during the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment